Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 1 - It can be all about me

I often joke with a co-worker to remember it is all about me. Today on the first day of the new year it really was all about me and that can be ok.

I like to please others, to make others happy. I often say yes to things even when I really don't want to do something or am torn and have another option.

Today I learned it was ok not to say yes to anything. I stayed home the whole day and did what I wanted to do. That did meant missing my nephew's hockey game that I would have loved to have gone to, but really the idea of another white knuckle drive to Edina was not something I was looking forward to- rather I read, watched movies and did a little cleaning. It was all about me and what I wanted to do and that ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment